Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka and is known for its pleasant weather. The city has a metropolitan population of around 11 million, making it the third-most populous city and fifth-most populous urban city of India. It is also known as the Silicon Valley of India as it is a hub for the Indian IT industry of India. From being a top IT/ ITeS centre, the city has also developed into a vibrant hotspot for start-ups and next-generation enterprises.
Decades of focused investment in infrastructure, education, policy has resulted in Bangalore becoming home to competitive home-grown IT/ITeS companies that service international clients through robust development and R&D centres based in the city. Global brands like Google, Amazon, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, IBM, HP, HCL and more lead the landscape of top IT companies in Bangalore, providing lucrative full-time and freelancing job opportunities to talented India’s from across the country. There are also varied career opportunities across sectors like Fintech, E-retail, HealthTech, Automation and more for those looking to kickstart their career in technology. This ecosystem has also nurtured the rise of cutting-edge start-ups, all contributing to making Bangalore the Silicon Valley of India
While Bangalore may be climbing the ranks as one of the fastest-developing cities in Asia, another southern Indian city – Chennai, is not far behind. The coastal city has become a magnet for new businesses in textile, automobile, pharmaceuticals, apart from a burgeoning IT sector. As an alternate to the choked metropolitan cities in India, Chennai has been developing as a more thoughtfully-planned urban centre with global quality amenities on one hand and a more relaxed, congestion-free and balanced quality of living standards in the other. With continued investment in building both healthy social infrastructure as well as commercial enterprise, Chennai is poised to be a competitive IT hub of the country.
Whether you be a fresher starting his career or an experienced professional, Chennai has several opportunities for you. Here’s a list of IT companies in Chennai that can offer wings to your dreams.
- Accenture – Accenture is one of the best Information Technology companies in Chennai and a pioneer in terms of multi-professional IT services like strategy, innovation, and digital aspects.
- Capgemini – Another giant in the software industry, Capgemini is a French company headquartered in Paris. It has more than 200,000 employees and has its existence in more than 40 countries. They are basically into IT solutions like consulting, technological aspects, outsourcing, and professional services and have a prominent development centre in Chennai.
- Cognizant – Cognizant is another global Information Technology giant with an outpost in Chennai. Headquartered in America, they provide digital products (cloud based data engineering, model based testing tool, process automation) and digital IT services.
- HCL Technologies – Headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, this homegrown Information Technology mammoth was founded by Shiv Nadar. HCL has more than 15 offices in Chennai.
- Infosys – A global leader in the Information Technology space, Infosys is one of the top India-origin companies which provides IT consulting services. It is headquartered in Bengaluru and was founded by Narayana Murthy in 1981.
- L&T Infotech – L&T is a global leader in IT solutions and services. They are mostly into digital automation solutions, IT service management, and consulting. They have almost 39 offices present across 30 countries.
- Tech Mahindra – An Indian IT company headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra, it offers a range of innovative information technology and business process outsourcing services. One of the leading Indian names in Fortune 500 companies lists, it was founded by Anand Mahindra in 1986.