The blend of brown rice and pea proteins has been proven through numerous tests and verifications to be one of the best plant protein sources with maximum health benefits. It is a blend that is nourishing, energising and immunity-boosting in nature.
Here is everything that you need to know about this unique protein blend and why it is called a complete protein source.
Benefits of Pea Protein
Pea protein is often used in vegan and plant-based supplements because of some unique
- Pea proteins are digested very easily, giving you the maximum advantage of a supplement.
- They have a high concentration of about 90% protein in their extracts.
- Pea proteins are highly bioavailable, which means that they are readily absorbed by the body for faster recovery and muscle development.
- It contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source like animal-based proteins.
- You get important amino acids like leucine, valine, isoleucine, glutamine and arginine, which support recovery and muscle development.
- It has a high concentration of lysine, which is vital for muscle synthesis.
Benefits of Brown Rice Protein
Brown rice protein is also considered a potent option for the following reasons:
- It contains all the essential amino acids that you can only derive from your diet.
- Brown rice gives you a good source of complex carbs, which keep you energised and fuelled when you are training.
- Brown rice protein is known for its high antioxidant content, which helps prevent any damage to your cells and improves the recovery rate.
- Brown rice extracts not only contain protein but also nourish the body with Vitamin B and E along with minerals like potassium, iron and phosphorus.
How They Work Together
Brown rice and pea proteins are used together in supplements because they perfectly complement each other. For any shortcomings in one, the other makes up very well. For example, pea proteins have lower levels of amino acids methionine and cysteine, while brown rice protein is lower in the amino acid lysine. On the other hand, pea protein is rich in lysine, while brown rice completes the body’s requirement of methionine and cysteine.
Together, they give you the perfect efficiency ratio, which is at par with animal-based proteins like whey or casein that are very popular.
There are studies that support this as well. An 8-week study conducted to assess the effect of rice and whey protein on body composition and performance showed that they fared equally well. Brown rice protein was equally efficient in improving lean body mass, power and muscle strength. Another similar study showed that pea proteins were comparable to whey proteins when it came to muscle strength and thickness.
There are also many other benefits of choosing plant-based proteins:
- The number of saturated fats in plant proteins are considerably lower, giving you better heart health.
- Overall, plant proteins also have lower calorie levels.
- Plant proteins like brown rice and peas are easily digested and absorbed by the body.
- You get the advantage of added micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, giving you optimised nutrition.
For those of you still questioning the benefits of plant proteins in comparison to animal proteins, a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that the two sources are equally beneficial.
So, even with a 100% vegan diet, you can find a great protein supplement that can support your training regime. Products like bGreen Vegan Protein Powderofferyou an added advantage of other beneficial ingredients like plant-based enzymes and antioxidants to lend you great results for all your health-boosting efforts. This also becomes a simple and reliable option to make sure that you get your required daily intake of protein.