Cross-Browser testing is one of the most challenging things for any software tester. It is an essential part of any project and requires a reasonable amount of time, budget, and resources. However, it has become a little easier with various cross-browser testing tools available online currently. Therefore, read this article to know the best cross-browser testing tools or strategies you can use in 2021.
Turbo Browser Sandbox
Turbo Browser Sandbox is another testing tool that lets you use almost every web browser without the need for installation. Therefore, you can access all the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera on your device directly with the internet. Turbo Browser Sandbox was a free service in its initial days, but it is now a premium service since it supports almost every browser.
LambdaTest is one of the most appraised automation testing tools available currently. This cloud-based cross-browser testing platform allows you to test your web portal on a combination of over 2000 OS and Browsers. You can use LambdaTest for doing compatibility testing of any website or web app seamlessly. Moreover, you can also execute automated Selenium scripts on its cloud grid. There are also provisions for performing live interactive testing in real environments.
Some of the critical features of LambdaTest are:
- You can run Selenium automation tests on a scalable grid with over 2000 browser environments.
- LambdaTest allows you to check your privately or locally hosted website through SSH Tunnel.
- Cut your overall test execution time by performing tests in parallel.
- Seamless integration with tools like BitBucket, Asana, Microsoft VSTS, JIRA, GitHub, Trello, Slack, etc.
- 24×7 technical chat support.
TestComplete is one of the leading browser testing tools present on the web. Many testers laud it for its compatibility, usefulness, and scalability. Some of the best features of TestComplete are:
- It is a UI functional test automation tool that you can utilize for creating and running tests on any web app.
- TestComplete provides you real-time access to the newest devices, resolutions, OS, and browsers in its device cloud.
- It allows you to run tests within more than 2000 real environments in parallel. Moreover, you don’t need any configuration or setup for running the tests.
IE NetRenderer is another free online compatibility check tool. It can test web portals on every version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your only work is to select the Internet Explorer version from the given list and enter your URL to start rendering your website. Moreover, you will be able to verify the screenshot of the page undergoing the test instantly. You also get a Firefox add-on for other browsers that will allow you to render the web page you are currently on.
The main feature of CrossBrowserTesting is that you can test your site on over 2050 real mobile and desktop browsers. You can interactively test and debug on live remote devices. CrossBrowserTesting also allows you to view your site on multiple browsers simultaneously. This is done through automation or by running automation through Appium, Selenium, or other similar frameworks. Moreover, you can perform faster tests and integrations with parallel testing and CI tools such as Jenkins, respectively.
Some of the critical features of CrossBrowserTesting are:
- You get access to an entire application through CrossBrowserTesting’s REST API.
- This tool allows you to run parallel and single regression tests and screenshots.
- You also get full access to extensions and developer tools like Chrome Dev Tools and Firebug.
- Moreover, with CrossBrowserTesting, your team can scale the automation efficiency with Appium and Selenium cloud testing.
Browsershots is another prevalent cross-browser testing tool that allows you to test a site through any OS or browser. Testers worldwide prefer this browser compatibility testing tool because of its interactive features and customizations. Browsershots will enable you to execute cross-browser compatibility tests with excellent customization features like OS, screen size, browser type, color depth, JS status, and Flash disable/enable settings. You need to enter your site URL, choose the compatibility parameters, and submit your test request.
However, you have to repeat these steps every time you want to run a test. You can use Browsershots’s free browser compatibility test feature for capturing screenshots across different browsers and OS. This tool provides support for 200 different versions of browsers. The primary and popular browsers supported by Browsershots are- Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Arora, SeaMonkey, Epiphany, Dillo, Lynx, Luakit, Konqueror, Midori, Rekong, etc.
This testing tool’s primary drawback is the time it takes to display the results and the frequent timeout errors when several browsers are selected simultaneously.
BrowserStack Live is a popular browser testing tool and a mobile app. Through it, you can quickly test your site on over 2000 browsers. This makes BrowserStack Live one of the most comprehensive browser compatibility tests. It allows you to test your website on iOS and Android devices through their cloud platform. BrowserStack Live is also handy in testing websites on different OS and mobile devices. Some of the critical features of this testing tool are:
• It covers more than 2000 desktop browsers and the majority of mobile device browsers.
• BrowserStack Live provides a private and highly secure network during testings.
• Moreover, this testing tool requires no setup. Hence, you can start testing in the real device cloud instantly.
If you’re looking for a simple tool that runs cross-browser compatibility tests on various platforms, Comparium is the answer. The service provided by this tool offers screenshots of web resources. These resources generally come in different combinations of browsers and OS.
Comparium allows you to compare the obtained results in auto and manual modes and run live time tests for better results. It enhances your testing routine since it contains every minimal necessary tool in a single place. Besides, it also focuses on adding new features regularly.
The key features of Comparium are:
- This tool has the feature of automatic detection of visual compatibilities. It executes this by highlighting them.
- Comparium collects all the screenshots from the browsers in one place. Therefore you can compare them easily through auto mode or manually.
- It also has support for all the major and latest browsers present.
- ● Moreover, Comparium offers you real-time testing advantages. This helps you to get a connection to the desired browsers and the available OS. Therefore you can check your website without the need to install additional programs.
IETester is another option available online for checking browser compatibility on Internet Explorer versions. However, with this tool, you can test your website on the newest version of Internet Explorer and use an application simultaneously. IETester is available for free on the web. You can use it to test your websites on IE5.5, IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, and IE11 on Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP desktops.
Some of the primary features of this tool are:
- Ranorex performs keyword-driven and data-driven testing.
- It has the feature of reliable object identification that works for web elements containing dynamic IDs.
- You get a customizable test report alongside video reporting of the test. Hence you can see what happened during a test run without the need to re-run the test.
- Ranorex contains reusable code modules and a shareable object repository. These are essential for creating faster tests and reducing maintenance time.
- Moreover, you can execute the cross-browser test in parallel through this tool. You can also distribute these on a Selenium Grid with the help of built-in Webdriver support.
- Ranorex can integrate with tools like Jenkins, Jira, Gi, TestRail, Travis CI, etc.
Finally, Browsera is another popular tool for testing cross-browser layouts and scripting errors for your portal. It is an automated browser compatibility testing tool. Browsera can test a website and the elements on multiple browsers. You can use this tool to test your site and the webpages for scripting and layout errors.
The main features of Browsera are:
- It seamlessly finds layout issues and JS errors.
- You can use Browsera for dynamic page testing.
- You can also test your entire website through this tool.
- Moreover, Browsera allows you to test pages behind login passwords. The best thing about this testing tool is that you don’t have to install Browsera for using it.
Therefore these are some of the best cross-browser testing tools or strategies that you can use in 2021. However, the selection for the ideal tool depends on your requirements. Hence knowing each of these browser compatibility checking tools is essential since they come with different advantages and disadvantages.