Whether you’re a nurse, caregiver or dentist, you know you have to wear clothing that protects you and your patient. But what about looks? If you haven’t had the opportunity to check out the latest developments in workwear for women in the healthcare sector, your wardrobe could be quite drab!
You’re no longer limited to wearing the conventional and shapeless green medical scrubs. Your choice of scrub tops can include a variety of colours, fits and patterns that’ll make you feel quite stylish while still looking professional. But, there are other ways too that allow you to update your workwear wardrobe without compromising your safety or that of your patient.
4 Stylish Tips for Women in the Healthcare Sector (Plus Quick Tips!)
1. Tailored Medical Scrubs
In the past couple of years, fashion designers have started exploring ways of transforming the traditional green medical scrubs into something more fashionable. While elaborate details such as ruffles would be impractical, designers have found ways to improve the scrub for ladies.
A broader selection of colours are now available as well as various patterns. Scrub tops designs also include the gather-in waist for a fitted look or curved hemlines for a softer, more flattering appearance. Necklines are no longer limited to the V-neck look, giving wearers the option of various styles. Medical scrubs have been given a more tailored look, allowing wearers to feel more stylish.
2. Stylish Footwear
Gone are the days when nurses and anyone working in the healthcare industry had to wear hard and uncomfortable shoes. Nowadays, you have more flexibility in what to wear in footwear. Comfortable but stylish footwear could include any of the following:
- Sneakers: High-quality sneakers from brands such as Nike and Skechers will keep you comfortable while still looking professional and stylish throughout the day.
- Mules and clogs: Depending on the brand, you have a wide range of colours and styles to pick from without looking dull. These shoes will keep you stylish while still letting you perform tasks efficiently and comfortably.
- Slip-ons: Good quality slip-ons offer excellent foot protection while still keeping you fashionable on the job. You can go with the more professional leather look or opt for a trendy style that includes imprints and funky colours.
Always make sure the shoes you pick have good traction, can withstand long hours on the feet and are made of high-quality materials.
3. Step Out With Accessories
While you can’t wear dangling jewellery which may hamper your tasks, you can accessorise:
- Try stylish earrings that don’t get in the way.
- A pretty hairpiece is another way of adding a bit of personality to your appearance.
- Skinny belts with discreet fashionable details will add some flair to your nursing outfit.
- A simple necklace will give your medical scrubs some panache.
- A beautiful watch is another way of adding style to your nursing workwear and a slender bracelet will also improve the look of your outfit.
- Funky socks worn with sneakers help to glam up your appearance.
Accessories are a quick and easy way of adding style to your healthcare workwear while enhancing the clothes you’re wearing.
4. Add Finishing Touches With Layers
In the colder months, you can add finishing touches with layers. Instead of choosing a dull cardigan to wear over your scrubs, find ones that have a stylish design and come in a variety of colours. Wear brightly coloured long-sleeved t-shirts under your scrub top to add a touch of flair. Wool knits and pullovers also give you the ability to look more stylish.
Pick cardigans and pullovers made from good quality materials so they hold their shape and are comfortable to wear while working with your patients.
Other Quick Tips
Use these quick tips to also help you look stylish when wearing healthcare workwear on duty:
- Hair style: Opt for an easy-to-manage hair style that still looks stylish. Or, use hair accessories to add some flair whether you’re wearing your hair up or down.
- Embroidery: If your hospital administration allows you, embroider your name on your medical scrubs. This way you’re adding your individuality to your uniform while keeping it chic.
- Comfortable fit: Always make sure the clothing fits properly, accentuating your body shape while flattering it at the same time. This gives your look an instant boost.
- Good quality fabric: Pick clothing that’s made with premium fabric. This ensures you always look good when on duty while still being comfortable. Breathable fabric with moisture wicking and antibacterial treatment are features you should look out for when buying healthcare workwear.
Use these quick tips to complement your healthcare workwear so that you’re always looking stylish no matter what you’re doing!
The healthcare industry is recognising the need for its workers to dress comfortably while still looking professional and stylish at the same time. Hospital administrations are giving their nurses more flexibility when it comes to their dress code while other healthcare workers can also explore more stylish ways to look good on the job.