Ziddu.com the property of Meridian Enterprises Pte Limited ("Ziddu", "we", "us" or "our") respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting and handling information collected about you in accordance with both the law and best practice.
Please be aware that Ziddu is not always the data controller for all aspects of the services. Some personal data uploaded or processed as a part of the Services will be uploaded by the ultimate data controller. For example,by employees or agents acting on its behalf. This may include personal data contained in files, documents or images shared or collaborated on using the Service. In such circumstances Ziddu is the data processor acting on behalf of the ultimate data controller and the Services are deployed on behalf of the data controller. That data controller has a separate enterprise agreement with us under which we act on its behalf using organizational and technical methods to secure and protect the personal data for which it is responsible.
Changes to this policy
We collect a variety of information to enable us to provide our Service, improve our Site and enhance our users' experience of our services, for example, by determining the location of your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") we are able to serve a localized skew of our Site (for example enabling contact, language and currency modifications).
We collect the following information (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
Information you provide us. We collect information you provide directly to us when you use the site and when you register for and use the Services. Examples include:
We collect information when you register with us for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of our Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer's name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the Services ("Content").
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the Services, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in our Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, ISP, the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: If you access our Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information and distinguish you from other users of our Site, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse and use our Services and also allows us to improve our Services.
We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
We may use the information (which may include personal data) we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, including to periodically inform you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Ziddu and our select partners; We will only share your personal data with anyone else for marketing purposes and/or send you promotional materials if you consent.
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Ziddu Services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
For other purposes about which we will notify you.
Storage of Information
Ziddu is based in Singapore, but we may store and process personal information and content in the United Kingdom. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.K. (where it is stored on our behalf) and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work.
- With your consent: We may share your information with your consent, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account, and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Ziddu Services.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Services, (d) to protect us, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell, merge with or buy all or a substantial portion of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller, merger partner or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If Meridian Tech Pte Limited and/or our other group companies or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Our Group: We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any company which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us.
Collaboration and Sharing Features.
The Ziddu Services offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of our Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time for a file or folder through your account. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the information provided on the web site
While no service is completely secure, we takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your Content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
We use various tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information and distinguish you from other users of our Services, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse and use our Services and also allows us to improve our Services.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (also known as "tracking pixels") is an electronic image, also called a "gif," that may be used in the Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
How do we use these technologies?
Cookies/tracking technologies. Most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome) are set to automatically accept cookies as the default setting. If you don't want to receive cookies or other tracking technologies, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have already been set.
Links to Third Party Websites.
We may place links on the Ziddu Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website's policies, not by our policies. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.